Blogged.com Blog Directory
Google
 

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

John Broome Needing Frail Care Home for DAD

Hi Trevor,

As far as my Dad is concerned, today for the first time I was able to speak to a medical Doctor who is working with my Dad. She spelt out the reality of the situation, which is: He now has Altzheimer’s, he in incontinent etc etc. He is not going to get better, this is as good as it gets. I don’t fully accept this all, but we now have to start making plans.

We have been told that he has to go into an old age home with frail care. We wanted to bring him to our place, but he needs 24 hour care from professionals. So I am looking for a place that could accommodate my Dad, somewhere in Gauteng at under R5000 a month. Apparently facilities like this have long waiting lists. Could you please ask your network if anyone knows where we could find a place that could accommodate us. My Dad is 82 years old and is basically helpless.

I would appreciate it if you could please put this request out to your network and let’s see what we can find.

Thanks and warmest regards,

John Broome - info@johnbroome.co.za

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home